Home Selling Process
- It’s Your Move; What you need to know before you sell – Seller’s Advantage Program, offered exclusively by Howard Hanna Real Estate Services
- Seller Quick Start Guide – A brief introduction to the most important steps necessary for serious seller in order for them to prepare to enter the home selling process
- Seller Application – Essential seller information needed for future required listing paperwork
- The Guidebook for Sellers – A collection of how-tos, checklists and worksheets from the National Association of Realtors® (NAR) to help sellers understand what to expect during the home selling process
- Homeowner’s Junk Removal Checklist – Guide to aid homeowners to plan and implement getting rid of unwanted “junk” from a Howard Hanna recommended vendor and partner, Junk King.
- Moving & Relocation Checklist – A comprehensive list of utility and home service providers common to most CNY homeowners with contact information
- Seller Net Proceeds Estimator – This is an off-site, external link to an active calculator/estimator. There are plans for a custom calculator at a yet to be determined future date.
- Property Condition Disclosure Statement – This six (6) page document is required by New York state sellers to disclose the condition of the home to their best knowledge. There are some exceptions, but in most cases this form must be provided to any prospective buyer before they submit a purchase offer or the seller must grant a $500 credit at closing.
- Property Information Sheet – This is another seller disclosure type document (2 pages) routinely used in the CNY region to augment the Property Condition Disclosure Statement. This form is beneficial to sellers to identify the major improvements or upgrades made over the past fifteen (15) years.
- Purchase & Sale Contract – A blank copy of the purchase offer/contract to purchase used in the CNY region. When offers arrive, you should know what options will be presented and have some idea of what each option is.
- Closing Disclosure – This is a sample new form that went into effect in October 2015. Developed by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) of the federal government under the Truth In Lending Act (TILA) and the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA). This form documents the financial aspects of a real estate transaction and replaces the previously used HUD-1 form.
Real Estate & Home Owner News & Information
- Facebook Business Page – My Facebook business page is a great way to stay connected to current real estate topics with useful information for sellers, buyers and home owners. Don’t forget to like my page and stay connected with me, too!
- Signing Documents Electronically – Overview of the electronic document signing procedures for Authentisign; the application used by the Greater Syracuse Association of REALTORS® (GSAR)
- Matrix Client Portal Overview – For my clients with an active listing, I routinely create an automated search for competing properties to a personal portal directly from the local MLS with notification of new or updated listings made by email
Informational & Marketing References
- Protect Your Family From Lead in Your Home – EPA Pamphlet
- The Lead Safe Certified Guide to Renovate Right – EPA Pamphlet
- Home Buyer’s and Seller’s Guide to Radon – EPA Pamphlet
- Home Warranty Service Agreement – Pamphlet and service agreement application from HSA Home Warranty. Sellers may opt to provide a home warranty to prospective buyers as a marketing tool. The seller pays for the warranty at closing, but benefits from complementary coverage while the home is listed. This pamphlet explains the program and its options.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee Advantages to Home Sellers – A marketing card that explains this program’s benefits for sellers. This program is only available from Howard Hanna Real Estate Services. Certain restrictions apply.
- Military Discount for Sellers – This flyer explains the discount available to seller clients of Howard Hanna Real Estate Services qualified Certified Military Specialists